Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ladybugs & Pugs

We will get to the ladybugs in a minute, first off I finally got some time to do a little cleaning in my scrap-room this morning....Mugsy and I both share the same opinion on cleaning....blech!
















Pixie is very concerned that I might throw something of hers away!
















I had to do something about all of the stuff that was piling up on the floor, so I moved all by books off my Ikea Expedit shelving...
















so I would have more room for supplies and such, Bob added a couple of robots to my collection for Christmas so they needed a place of honor :)
















O.k., here is where the ladybug comes in, we can only stay focused on cleaning for so long so when I found a ladybug residing on a pile of fabric I had to let the pugs see...
























Still not wanting to return to cleaning, Pixie is forced to try on funny hats























O.k., so several hours later I finally have a clean(ish) scrap room....I can see the floor, I threw away 3 big bags of stuff, my work surfaces are clean and I *think* I know where everything is. Oh, just one more thing to share, my friend Megan bought me the Martha Stewart mushroom ornaments I had been lusting over for Christmas and not wanting to put them away they now hang off the curtain rod in my room...the make me ever so happy!























Ack!! I almost forgot, the new challenge is up at Category Stories and it's a fun one as it is all about toys! Here is my take on the challenge..

9 comments:

Kellie said...

Mugsy and Pixie are so dang cute Martha!
Great layout! :)

Suzy said...

Cutest pics EVER! Love your LO too :)

Anonymous said...

I had an absolute gosh awful day at work today, but when I saw Pixie with that hat on, OMG it made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the much needed laugh.

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

lol - Pixie... you stylish puggy you.

Omg Martha - Aine FOUND and partially ate a lady bug today too! I had to dig it out of her mouth. YICK.

The place looks great! Not that it didn't alreadyyyyy. ;)

I cleaned my kitchen today... WOOT. it has to be that new year thing going on... HUGS!

PS - hey did you hear about a pug valentine thingy going on at the pug rescue? My friend who moved to cali - than moved back and now lives in Galena - said that there is one!!! She owns a black pug named Kiya and it is on Feb 10 - want to come?! Or do you know anything about it?

china59 said...

So saweet !!! I really have to dug my robots and vintage toys out of the mess and make a better display of them ! Your expedit is total inspo !

china59 said...

P.S. the hat rocks !

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

I share your Mugsy's opinion on cleaning -- especially if it involves a robotic vacuum.

Michelle said...

...hope you had wonderful holidays, Martha! It's so nice to have a clean scraproom, isn't it? =)

Kara said...

Love that layout! So bright and cheerful.